Have you ever wondered why some women look years older than their true age while others seem to defy it?
There are many hidden factors that I want to unmask for you that will help you have younger and more vibrant looking skin.
The following factors can contribute to damaged skin as well as premature skin aging:
- An under-active thyroid can cause dry and flaky skin due to your reduced thyroid hormone levels.
- Stress-induced sleep loss or insomnia can promote premature aging of your skin and your entire body.
- Inflammation can cause blemishes, puffiness, and pigmented lesions.
- Clogged pores can harbor bacterial infections and cause inflammation, redness, and scaly skin.
- A phytonutrient poor diet which means a diet that is low in plant foods can speed up free radical damage.
- Additionally, a diet that is high in processed foods can promote skin cell damage.
- Excess sun exposure is well known as a skin damager and photo age accelerator, but most importantly it is a skin cancer promoter.
- Stress can cause skin cells to appear gray and tired .
- Elevated glucose levels cause what is known as “glycation”, which is the process by which sugars attach themselves to the amino acids in collagen. This reduces the regeneration of collagen fibers. This results in creeping, saggy, and wrinkled skin.
- Poor turnover rate of skin cells as skin ages causes a rough and dry appearance.
- Aging itself causes a slowing down in collagen renewal, causing damaged and wrinkled skin.
As you can see, with all of the factors that can add years to your skin and your body. It is just good practice to find an effective skin rejuvenation program that is synergistic to help nourish, cleanse, and replenish your exterior so that when you look in the mirror you will see that.. “you look better than good!”
~ Dr. Janet